Wednesday, August 7, 2013

John 8

Jesus says in John chapter 8, let anyone who is without sin, cast the first stone. I read this verse as, let anyone who is without sin make judgements on this woman. I am guilty of this.... I know I don't have the right to judge my brothers and sisters but because of my sin, I continue to cast stones at those who Jesus has redeemed. This passage reminds me that Jesus does not categorize the degree of our sin. He does not say, let anyone who has not committed adultery or murder--Sin is sin and God does not tolerate it.

The theme of the rest of this chapter is that Jesus reveal himself as the light, the son of God, the savior of the world, but he people will not believe him. To this Jesus answers in verse 47, "Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you care not of God." In our life, sometimes we don't see God moving in mighty ways and his faithfulness in all aspects of our life. We don't hear the words of God, and produce good fruit. Sometimes we just need to be still and listen to his voice.


God, I pray for ears to listen to your word and a heart that does not judge. I pray for wisdom and purity  to do your will without sin in our hearts. But when we do sin (which we will, unfortunately :( ), I pray that we may be able to come to you like a child in true repentance.


Prayer requests:

  • For my brother.. he is interviewing for a job at Qualcomm... (I hope it's in God's will for him to get the job!)
  • My relationship with Zubin.. We're trying hard to be intentionally in walking and sharing about our God together

I'm so thankful for you Mich! Even though we fail all the time, I'm so glad the we are able to take these baby steps together!!!!! Love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment