Thursday, July 18, 2013

John 1 and 2

Hmm... I was trying to think of a clever/efficient way to share and keep track of our devos.... but idk
Maybe private blog?

Well anyway, here I go.....!

John 1 
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

This verse reminds me that I need to make a conscious effort to set myself apart from the world because that is how God created me. Recently, the spirit convicted me of my worldly idols. I am struggling with beauty and judging others' beauty instead of seeing them in the eyes of God. It's so ugly to judge others' appearance and I've recently caught myself doing it too frequently. I know this is something that only God can heal and want to lift it up to Him. 


John 2
10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

Picture of heaven! God has given us so much blessing now but He has promised us eternal life in heaven(the best of all)! Let's always try to look at the big picture and set our treasures in heaven. 


Heavenly father, We thank you for your goodness and the promise of eternal life. I pray that we may be set apart from the world. That we may not idolize worldly possession and shallow beauty but see the world in your eyes. Help us to discern your will in our life and give us wisdom to speaks words that are kind and uplifting! We love you!


Prayer requests:  
1. Desire to spend time with our father (and actually put that into action, QT, prayer)
2. try not judge people's appearance.... with my eyes...(see them all as beautiful as God would...)

No comments:

Post a Comment